Jamestown Regional Airport Authority
Regular Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2008
1. Roll Call: Members Present: Chairman Johnny Klingenberg, Jim Boyd, Jim Dodd, Art Todd III, Kelani Parisien, Dennis Nelson, Thomas Merrick (Attorney), Andrew Schneider (Manager), Heather Iverson (Admin Asst).Members Absent: Craig Neys. Visitors: Keith Norman (Jamestown Sun), Steve Aldinger (Interstate Engineering), Lindsey Larson (JSDC), Linda Mohn (Audit Report)
2. Hearings from the Audience: No Hearings Noted.
3. Notification of Conflict of Interest: No Conflicts Noted.
4. Review and Approve the Regular Meeting Minutes of April 9, 2008: One change noted by Kelani Parisien, she was recorded as being both present and absent at the meeting taking place April 9, 2008. Kelani was absent for the meeting. Motion was made by Mr. Nelson to accept and approve the April 9, 2008 board minutes; Mr. Boyd seconded; all voted aye, motion carried.
5. Review and Approve the Special Meeting Minutes of April 29, 2008: Motion was made by Mr. Nelson to accept and approve the April 29, 2008 special board meeting minutes; Mr. Todd seconded; all voted aye, motion carried.
6. Financial Information
a. Review & Approve Indebtedness Report
b. Accounts Receivable
c. Budget vs. Actual 2007
7. Air Show: The Kickoff to the 8 days of the 125th with 10,000 people expected. $63,000.00 has been collected so far with approximately $35,000.00 to go. Breakfast will take place that morning from 7:30-9:00am in the ARRF building.
8. Project Reports
i. Department of Homeland Security Grant
ii. Taxiway A Extension and Wetlands
i. Phase II Terminal Plan and Wetlands: Progress is being made. Construction surveying of wetland is an anticipated $8000. All included in the grant totaling $15,500. The Asbestos and mold inspection results have been established. No mold was found but there was Asbestos. What would be the cost to remodel vs. the cost to build a new terminal.
ii. Strategic Planning Reports
- Image Committee Recommendations
a. End of the Month Passenger Boarding: Julie returns on Monday (05/19/2008). Question was asked, why under Freight & Air Express the Inbound was 70 and the Outbound 0? For Mesaba landing fees. The passengers deplaning are down from last year, the direct flight to Minneapolis should have a positive impact.
10. Human Resources
a. Full Time Employee Vacation
b. Review and Approve the Board Organizational Policy Manual
c. Manager Report
12. Other Business: Mr. Schneider presented the idea of renting the building on the landside of the airport to store kayaking and scuba diving gear. Mr. Nelson motioned for Mr. Schneider to rent the building for $10 per month Mr. Dodd seconded; all voted aye, motion carried. Mr. Schneider also offered the idea of going to the Triple A Conference in New Orleans the first week of June, as he feels it might be one of the most rewarding conferences. Jen went to one conference yearly. The idea was discussed and felt it was too soon and with the Air show taking place later that month every bit of help around the airport is needed, but feel a conference would definitely be beneficial at a better date, perhaps in the fall.
13. Summer Events
a. Jamestown Air Fest: June 28, 2008 (June 29, 2008 - Rain Date)
b. Jamestown Fly-In: July 25-August 4, 2008
c. Jamestown Drag Race: August 23-24, 2008 (September 6-7, 2008-Rain Dates)
13. Meeting Adjourned at 7:45 p.m.