Minutes of Strategic Planning Session
Jamestown Regional Airport
January 22, 2011
Persons in attendance/Contact:
On Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, the Airport Authority hosted a 2011-2015 Strategic Planning Session in the lower level conference room of the City Hall. This was open to the public to participate in the development of our long range projects for our airport. Each project will be led by an Airport Authority Director or the Airport Manager but we are encouraging others from the community to volunteer to participate on a committee of their interest.
The following strategic projects were deemed appropriate for our 5 year focus:
• "T" Hangars (Dennis Nelson. Steve Vivian)
• Update Airport Master Plan (Jim Boyd, Steve Vivian)
• Create/Update Minimum Standards Document (Matthew Leitner, Jon Cave, Dennis Nelson)
• Terminal Area Improvements (Expanded parking, landscaping, picnic area, etc) (Katie Andersen, Jon Cave)
• Ag Spraying Containment Area (Wayne Mathson)
• Jetway Boarding Ramp (Jim Boyd)
The next steps in the process are:
1. Gain approval of the 2011-2015 Strategic Plan from the Jamestown Regional Airport Authority Board.
2. Send out communications to all airport tenants, plus others in the community, of the projects and invite their participation in a committee of their interest.
3. Launch Committee Meetings, March 2011.
a. Develop detail plans including specific purpose/objectives
b. Create a milestone schedule
c. Decide on meeting dates/times
4. Report to the Airport Board as necessary at the monthly board meetings.
5. Develop and distribute a quarterly report on each project depicting accomplishments, performance to schedule, issues/challenges, and summary.
This summary will be addressed in our next board meeting, February 16th, 2011.